Tuesday 28 October 2008

She Starts !

What a day !, finished connecting the sensors and other parts of the loom, bonded in the fuel tank and plumbed in the lift pump.

Put oil and water in the engine, oil ok but water all over the floor ... must remember to tighten the thermostat housing next time !

Phoned Richard from 'Great British Sports Cars' and he helped me program the ECU, turned the key and nothing ....... then a cough ......... then nothing again.

Let Richard go and checked my wiring ......

Fuel pump relay wired wrong, not only did I think the ECU switched live instead of earth but I used a dark green and a light green in my loom - discovered I had used the wrong shade of green for the relay so no fuel was being pumped !!!

Also used a waer temperature sensor from the scrappies which read permanantly at boiling point, so changed for the one supplied with the ECU

Corrected this and tried again, this was the result........oh yeeessssss !!!!



No comments: